PS4 PS4 Commentator Sign Up Thread

Jack

ILR Owner
Staff member
Aug 4, 2018
Hello!

If you are experienced or new to commentating we do not mind!

We are looking for commentators across our PS4 ILRF1 tiers and our GT Sport tiers.

We average well over 1000 views weekly on our channel from our live streams. Commentators are a key cog in the wheel and bring races to life. When you commentate you are also representing the league.

If you an aspiring commentator or looking to finally take the plunge, ILR are always on the look out for new additions to the team.

For Season 4 on F1 2018 (Starting late September) we will be looking for NEW commentators for our tiers. (All time UK)

Sundays - ILR1 - 5.30PM & ILR2 - 7PM
Thursdays - ILR6 & ILR5 - 6.30PM & ILR4 & ILR3 - 8PM

GT Sport - Wednesday evenings - 6.45pm to 8pm

Applications and submissions are always open. This season and more importantly next season.

If you're interested in commentating, we welcome experienced comms and newbies. There are however a few requirements -

Commitment to commentate for a full season to that tier. (we do appreciate people might be away 1-2 race weeks)
Clear speaking English and a good quality microphone
Internet speed strong enough to stream in at least 720p on our Youtube channel
Professional approach to commentary and knowledge of F1/GT racing and the circuits.
Be prepared to do solo commentaries.

If this interests you please leave the following details -

Name -
PSN -
Twitter username -
Internet speed test (Upload & Downloads) -
Desired league you wish to commentate -
Available evenings (6-9pm) you can commentate -
What would make you a good commentator for ILR -
Link(s) to any previous commentary you have done (If applicable) -

OjTVy0od.jpg

Aug 13, 2018
Northern Ireland
Name - Owen Wyatt
PSN - OwenWyaty13
Twitter - @owenwyatt173
Internet Speed Test - Download 52.8 Mbps, Upload - 6.2 Mbps
Desired league you wish to commentate- ILR2, ILR5/6
Available evenings you can commentate- Thursday, Sunday
What would make you a good commentator for ILR - I have lots of enthusiasm and a passion for the sport and commentary in general
Previous commentary- ILR1, ILR2, PSORC, SLR, UPL

Aug 20, 2018
Name - Alex Lilly
PSN - Lillyart14_v5
Twitter username - @AlexLillyart
Internet speed test (Upload & Downloads) - 35-40 download. 5-8 upload.
Desired league you wish to commentate - ILR3
Available evenings (6-9pm) you can commentate - Partial agreement with work to not work evenings on Thursdays (will inevitably miss a few through the season)
What would make you a good commentator for ILR - Passion, knowledge, likes to talk, humour, professionalism
Link(s) to any previous commentary you have done (If applicable) - TMC Season 1 - 2. PSF1 Seasons 7-10 (still ongoing)

Aug 28, 2018
Name - Mark Alimonda (GamingAlimonda)
psn - musical-venom
twitter - @thealimonda
Internet Speeds - 60 download 5-10 upload
Desired league you wish to commentate - ILR1
Available evenings (6-9pm) you can commentate - Sundays.
What would make you a good commentator for ILR - I enjoy it and combine that mindset with meticulous preparation and knowledge of the sport with the aim to put on a broadcast that is entertaining even if the on track action isn't. My simple mantra is treat the race as if it was a real one.
Previous Commentary Experience: PSGL F1 - Seasons 18-20 (F1 2017) example below.

Aug 28, 2018
Name - Graham Chapple
PSN - Graham89i
Twitter username - @Graham_Chapple
Internet speed test (Upload & Downloads) - 20mb & 10 (moving very soon to location with better internet)
Desired league you wish to commentate - Any. Wherever I'm needed
Available evenings (6-9pm) you can commentate - Sunday
What would make you a good commentator for ILR - Interest, knowledgable, I'm constantly thinking of all aspects of the race - strategy, weather, long-game etc - while the action is going on. As a league racer myself, can provide insight on driver's mind sight/thought process. When action is limited, I'm still able to keep the stream alive and make perhaps a boring race more a bit less tedious.
Link(s) to any previous commentary you have done (If applicable) - I've done a lot of commentary for TMC in the last few months.

Here are some examples:

Aug 13, 2018
Name- Joshua Williams
PSN-LMC_Josh
Twitter-LMC_Josh
Internet speed-109mbps download and 6 mbps upload
Avalibilty-can fit commentary around things as soon as I know what time and day it is that I’ll be commentating
What would make you a good commentator- I enjoy racing in the league and racing in general and always have and I’m a positive and lively person but can be professional when I need to be so I think an opportuntly like this is great
No previous jobs commentating just league racing

Cruizer

Grid Kid
Sep 4, 2018
Name - Craig O Donovan
PSN - Cruuzer702
Twitter - Cruize702
Internet speed - 23 - 30 downloads
6.2 - Upload
Desired league I wish to commentate -
ILR 5 OR 6
Available evenings - 5-9pm every day
I think I would make a good commentater because I always commentate on everything to do with racing and I am the type of commentater that likes to hype up the crowd.

Jess

Karter
Aug 13, 2018
Plymouth
Name - Jess
PSN - JessGamer95
Twitter username - JessGames95
Internet speed test (Upload & Downloads) - 36.10mbps Download and 6.92mbps Upload
Desired league you wish to commentate - ILR3, 4, 5 or 6. (Any of those four tiers, since they are on Thursdays)
Available evenings (6-9pm) you can commentate - Thursdays
What would make you a good commentator for ILR - I know a lot about F1 and have been an F1 Fan since 1997. I have been watching the r.l 2018 season very actively and know the different strategies that the cars have to face during the race. I am also very enthusiastic, passionate and can make my commentaries interesting and lively. I am used to doing both solo comms and duel comms, so I know if the comm lineup changes, I can handle it. Also with my previous experience with AOR and ILR, I am able to help people new to commentary as well as improve on my own comms.
Link(s) to any previous commentary you have done (If applicable): AOR XB1 F2, AOR PCARS2 GT3 Leagues, Filling in for one ILR2 race and one ILR3 race. Links to follow soon.

GingerAndyF1

Head Commentator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2018
Stewarton, Scotland
Name - Andy or "The Milkman" S1 Abu Dhabi GP
PSN - GingerAndy96
Twitter username - GingerAndyF1
Internet speed test (Upload & Downloads) -

Desired league you wish to commentate -
ILR1
Available evenings (6-9pm) you can commentate - Sunday aye
What would make you a good commentator for ILR - Dunno, just think a could do a job
Link(s) to any previous commentary you have done (If applicable) - Novice

Aug 27, 2018
Name - Tom
PSN - @Tejuarr
Twitter username - @Tejuarr
Desired league you wish to commentate - ILRF2
Available evenings (6-9pm) you can commentate - 8/10pm
What would make you a good commentator for ILR - I have good knowledge of the F1 PS4 community, I started PSGL on F1 2010 and more recently have been racing in tsHub, Invictus where I have been commentating on a few races.
I have a good knowledge of the community the racers and the sport having followed it since 97.
I previously commented on a few races elsewhere and I look to get into it more now.
Link(s) to any previous commentary you have done (If applicable) -