Season 5 Feedback & Season 6 Discussion

Jack

ILR Owner
Staff member
Aug 4, 2018
Hi Guys,

I would greatly appreciate some feedback from you all if you can spare a few mins of your day. I have a few questions which need answering to help improve going forward for F1 2019. I always look to help provide you guys with what you want. I try and do these surveys / feedback discussions annually.

Please answer the following as long or short as you would like.

1. Do you like the assist restrictions we now have in place on our Sunday tiers? Does it encourage you to learn no assists in the future?
2. Race days split over Thursdays and Sundays a good thing? Should it all be on 1 day? All mid-week?
3. One thing you would like me to do differently with the league? ( please be honest, I need to know where I can improve)
4. Would you like to see an F2/ Preseason F2 league in July/August before Season 6?
5. Thoughts on the stewarding decisions and concistency ?
6. Why do you race in ILR?
7. For season 6 car selection - do you like the current format (ranking system) or want to be able to chose whatever car and team mate you want? State why.
8. Do you know we run GT Sport leagues and Project Cars 2 leagues? Have you considered racing in them?
9. Do you own a gaming PC? If we went to PC would you consider racing with us?
10. Any suggestions /ideas for season 6?
11. Opinions of our streams and commentators?
12. Is our social media interaction adequate?

Aug 13, 2018
1. I should say Tier 1-2 no ABS and no TC
2. The split is a very good idea imo.
3. Maybe some more leagues over different platforms. Maybe a PC league?
4. Yeah but don't overhype it over F1. I should say maybe a pre season indeed.
5. Stewarding is fine.
6. I really like the league and i feel i am improving a lot by driving in it.
7. I think people like to choose their own teammate. But the systems as it is now is also good. It will be more balanced (like now). If people choose their own teammates the best drivers are always together. It is more interesting when it is with the ranking system.
8. i do and i race in both of them ;)
9. Nope but i want to buy one.
10. More balanced tiers i guess. The difference in skill is very big in some tiers.
11. The streams/ commentators are really really good.
12. It really is, not arguining with people with the ILR account. I think that's a thing other leagues have to improve.

Aug 13, 2018
The Netherlands
1. Think it's fine for now, shouldn't go much stricter as probably from ILR3 onwards many people are more focussed about having fun/good racing instead of going all sweating for becoming an esports pro very soon.
2. Would keep it on 2 or 3 days, a good variety of timing helps with drivers being able to always have a time to make racing. Every day Formula 1 tier is a bit too tiring probably.
3. Don't really have a big thing in mind now. Probably a bit more focussing on even cleaner racing or so? Just keep it on the level it is right now and be transparent in the choices you make. Pretty much what you do right now I guess.
4. Only if the game actually works and should be a bit more 'free' as for instance people aren't always able to race in the summer probably, but would like to take part for fun.
5. Could always be worked on, but I think it's good for the time being. Probably a bit more informing/getting attention for certain things happening at a time which drivers should notice/approach differently could be an improvement. Some of course are more involved and know these things, whilst some may forget or don't even know what's going on.
6. Solid league, good organization, nice guys around.
7. You can't really predicts results in advance for most drivers. It just depends on so many factors, from attending to practicing they do and luck is also there. As in ILR3 several QleenVigor drivers are racing we were still a bit disappointed we weren't in at least one team together. Of course this isn't a huge thing, but it's fun to drive with somebody and go for good results in the constructors.
8. Raced in it, not interested in Formula racing in GT Sport at all. For that kind of stuff we have some Codies game. The fact there's a broadcast from now on I thought is a huge improvement and a major accomplishment to grow that kind of racing in ILR. I think it could be professionalized a bit more in the future, not meaning bureaucracy is needed of course, especially not actually.
9. You could try it, but the PS4/Xbox combo works good I think. Don't have a gaming PC or so and don't see myself gaming on a PC in the foreseeable future too.
10. I'm always full of ideas but I don't get to one big thing right now, but feel free to have a fun convo some time and I may come up with things all over the place probably.
11. The heroes right?
12. Yup, nice to everybody, bit of banter and supporting active drivers/teams so I like it.

Skyzii

Sim-Racer
Sep 30, 2018
1. Its good for TIER1/2 but because of that the 3rd tier is just unequal in terms of pace.
2. It is good like that,we can watch the other tiers and it is better for the stewarts to do like that otherwise they will have too much work.
3. Be a bit more present in the social medias.It can always be improved in my opinion
4. Of course,would be great.
5. ALways fair,that is also why IRL is one of the best leagues
6. Because i like the atmosphere here and it is clean.It is also a good way to improve yourself
7. I like both so.. no opinion about it.
8. Yeah i bought GT Sport just to do your Super Formula league but i need to improve.
9. yeah i own a gaming PC but no,i use my pc for other types of games,not racing ones
10. Do the season with the "equal" car
11. Maybe have always 2 commentators instead of 1
12. More would be great

Dec 12, 2018
1. Do you like the assist restrictions we now have in place on our Sunday tiers? Does it encourage you to learn no assists in the future?
yes but it would be cool to have a no assists league or something in that direction.
2. Race days split over Thursdays and Sundays a good thing? Should it all be on 1 day? All mid-week?
its fine how it is
3. One thing you would like me to do differently with the league? ( please be honest, I need to know where I can improve)
its good how it is
4. Would you like to see an F2/ Preseason F2 league in July/August before Season 6?
yes please
very good
because its well organized
7. For season 6 car selection - do you like the current format (ranking system) or want to be able to chose whatever car and team mate you want? State why
you ask everyone his top 3 cars they want and ask who they want to have as a teamate and you make the teams with that information.
8. Do you know we run GT Sport leagues and Project Cars 2 leagues? Have you considered racing in them?
yes but i am terrible
no
no
its good
yes

ILR_Shadow

PC Coordinator
Staff member
Aug 13, 2018
United Kingdom
1. Yeah I enjoy what you’re doing with the assist restriction this year it splits the men from the boys especially with the top tier!
2. in my opinion ILR1 should be the last race of the week instead of ILR2 to make it best to last kinda thing! Maybe have ILR6-7 on a Monday or Tuesday to break it up a bit but other than that I think it’s great!
3. If I’m honest I can’t think of a way to improve aha you’re doing great!
4. Nah I think I’d rather F1 and have F2 as a fun bit to do by ourselves, I think managing a whole F2 side could be a bit hectic also!
5. I've said this lots before, the stewards are great in this league, even if it’s not gone my way they’re still very fair and I don’t think there’s been a time I’ve really disagreed with them, they take a lot of time analysing the footage.
6. ILR is more than just a race each week for me, it’s the community within, I love and I’m going to miss being a part of it massively!
7. For season 6 I think picking a teammate and car is the best way to go because me personally I’d like be to teammates with someone I know/Like so we can work together and help each other out and also have a constructors to aim for!
8. i have not
9. I do own a gaming PC and if ILR went to PC I’d probably be the first one to apply!! I’d love to see it!
10. Only the teammate situation
11. Owen bullies me about bottling too much!! Other than that everyone I’ve seen commentate are professional and do a great job to make it interesting to watch
12. yes of course! Very responsive whenever you have a question to ask

I think tier 1 should be on Elite.

Its a good thing that the race days are split. I would prefer saturdays but sundays are also good.

Nothing. You're doing it very good 👍

Nope, im not that interested in f2.

Good 👍

Because i want to drivd against the bests in the world

7. For season 6 car selection - do you like the current format (ranking system) or want to be able to chose whatever car and team mate you want? State why.

I like the current system.

I dont have enough time to drive in the gt sport leauge.

I have no pc.

No racing line in tier 1 😅

I enjoy the streams 😁
Yes, it is.

Scuba

Sim-Racer
Aug 18, 2018
1. I like the assist restrictions for the Sunday tiers and yes it does but I cannot get to grips with no abs on a pad.

2. I think the way it is setup now works perfectly.

3. Be extremely strict with any drivers (in the same esports team) caught helping each other in a race if they are not teammates in that tier. I know you have touched on this sort of thing previously warning these drivers but this sort of thing does exist imo

4. For me personally I'm not really interested in F2 for now but it's great that these cars are finally in the game.

5. I think the stewards should be more strict than just give a driver a qualifying ban for bad driving or incidents that can be avoidable on lap 1, I think bigger time penalties like +10/+20 seconds being added to the drivers current or next race time (depending on what position they finished in the race when the incident happened) would be a better punishment than a qualifying ban but apart from that the stewards decisions have been very consistent which is the most important thing.

6. I was recommended to race here from a friend and I see why he recommended me because the work the owner, admins, commentators and stewards put in every week in this league is unbelievable and they make ILR easily one of the best places to race on PS4 so bravo to the people that should be thanked more often for the work they do.
Also I really enjoy the competitive nature of this league.

7. I would prefer to be able to choose over the ranking system because I like to have a teammate I know already so we can communicate and set goals for constructors and help eachother with setups etc.. I think drivers should be allowed to choose what car they drive based on how they performed in the previous season so there is a reward for drivers who want to improve their position in the drivers standings to get a better chance at the car they want.

8. Yes I know ILR have leagues in GTS and PC2, I have considered signing up for the Super Formula series on GTS but I don't think I would be 100% committed cause I'm never on that game.

9. If I had a PC then yes I would I would consider it.

10. Bring back the hotlap series before each round like in season 4 because that was amazing.

11. I think it would be better if there was 2 commentators covering every tier instead of just the top two tiers but I don't know if that is possible to do.

12. Yes more than enough.

Jacko10509

ILR8 PS4 Coordinator
Staff member
Aug 13, 2018
Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom
twitter.com
Hi Guys,

I would greatly appreciate some feedback from you all if you can spare a few mins of your day. I have a few questions which need answering to help improve going forward for F1 2019. I always look to help provide you guys with what you want. I try and do these surveys / feedback discussions annually.

Please answer the following as long or short as you would like.

- Not relevant to me
- I enjoy Thursday night racing on a personal level. I feel everything on the same night would be too crowded. For yourself and for those that watch or race and commentate over multiple tiers
- Working closer with you than others I think all is well to this point. I have let you know verbally about certain things that need changing or have questioned things before and you've given a valid reason.
- Not interested in F2
- Not yet been involved in an incident worthy of being reported however I have seen behind the scenes how its run and its a very good system. Very fair.
- Been league racing for a long time, longer than most infact. Nowadays its for fun as I'm not competitive at all. I enjoy the interaction I have with my tier of drivers
- Ranking system for me. When it comes to watching back the streams it looks a lot more realistic seeing Merc and Ferrari up front as opposed to a Williams and Sauber heresy.
- I do and no.
- No and no
- Would be nice to start seeing graphics on streams if at all possible. Otherwise very happy with the way the current system is run
- Can only really speak for Owen in ILR7. Very good commentator. Interaction with the drivers in the chat is good and fairly humorous at times. Makes watching streams back enjoyable
- Yes very happy with the ILR Twitter. Not sure about other tiers but the ILR7 lads enjoy my Twitter too which I see a professional account running along side the main one which can used to promote more tier based stuff. I think a good idea to have an 'ILR' account holder for every tier