Season 5 - Introduce Yourself!

Paul McGinnes

ILR4 PS4 Coordinator
Staff member
Aug 13, 2018
East Kilbride, Scotland
Hi guys,

Welcome to ILR5 - S5, it's great to have you all racing with us this season! I'll be hosting the lobbies (PaulMcG92) but please be sure to have Jack (jasg2207) added as a back up host.

Jess, our commentator, will be recording a season preview - a chance to let everyone know about our drivers. On that note - I have some questions which we would be grateful if you could answer!

Q1: Experience of league racing - this could be from any league, although we won't mention league names on stream.
Q2: Which tier did you race in S4 and in which championship position did you finish?
Q3: What are your expectations for this season?

We will be taking quotes from drivers throughout the season, so keep your eyes peeled!

As always, if you have any questions then please feel free to ask either myself or ILR League - any suggestions are also welcome.
Thanks guys, see you on track at Albert Park!

Paul.

Aug 13, 2018
Q1: Started League racing at the start of ILR S4
Q2: Started in ILR 5 then got promoted after 4 races. Finished 11th in ILR 4
Q3: Top 10 finish in championship and much less DNFs

Aug 27, 2018
Germany
Q1: S4 was my first season of league racing and i joined another league halfway through the season
Q2: ILR5, 4th with a 50% DNF rate
Q3: Top 8? With some podiums and less dnfs

kam

Sim-Racer
Aug 29, 2018
Q1: I started league racing back on F1 2015, racing in a friend's personal league. Once F1 2016 released, I signed up for AOR's Assist Leagues for Season 12 and 13, finish third both seasons. I turned off all assists besides racing line for F1 2017 and won my first championship in the F7 Tier for Season 14, finished third in the first season of the Formula Two league, and finished runner-up in the F4 Tier in Season 15. Season 16 was when I found out I cannot race without racing line, so I dropped out of the main league's and signed up for the new America League, and still finished runner-up despite joining mid-season (a few people dropped out but...*cough*). I continued to race in some friends' leagues during this time, but I decided to drop them in favor of added ILR alongside AOR, joining for Season 4.

Q2: I raced in ILR4 last season and finished a rather disappointing 7th

Q3: Clean up and learn from some rookie mistakes last season and finish at least Top 5

Paul McGinnes

ILR4 PS4 Coordinator
Staff member
Aug 13, 2018
East Kilbride, Scotland
Q1: I started league racing back on F1 2015, racing in a friend's personal league. Once F1 2016 released, I signed up for AOR's Assist Leagues for Season 12 and 13, finish third both seasons. I turned off all assists besides racing line for F1 2017 and won my first championship in the F7 Tier for Season 14, finished third in the first season of the Formula Two league, and finished runner-up in the F4 Tier in Season 15. Season 16 was when I found out I cannot race without racing line, so I dropped out of the main league's and signed up for the new America League, and still finished runner-up despite joining mid-season (a few people dropped out but...*cough*). I continued to race in some friends' leagues during this time, but I decided to drop them in favor of added ILR alongside AOR, joining for Season 4.

Q2: I raced in ILR4 last season and finished a rather disappointing 7th

Q3: Clean up and learn from some rookie mistakes last season and finish at least Top 5

Aug 13, 2018
Q1. ILR 4 S4 was my first real attempt at league racing. I also race in psgl f5 at the moment
Q2. Finished in 5th it 6th (to lazy to check) in ilr 4 last season
Q3. Consistent points some podiums and possibly a win

Larkin

Sim-Racer
Oct 25, 2018
Q1: Competed for the last 2 1/2 seasons in AOR A1, and have won the drivers championship in both of the last 2 seasons. Race in LOE D1 at the moment as well. Using this league to practise on the wheel, so won't show anything like the pace I have in those, and will probably be at the back by myself!

Q2: Did 10 or so races in ILR3 with a couple of 4th place finishes and 13th overall.

Q3: Just to improve on the wheel. I am utterly terrible with it at the moment and have never used it for league racing, so hoping not to be an embarrassment.

Aug 23, 2018
Q1 League racing since f12010 but been out of it since F1 2013 until this year
Q2: Raced the latter half of the calendar last season in ILR3 finished last with a best finish of 7th
Q3: to score consistent points and have lots of close battles on track

rich500

Sim-Racer
Aug 17, 2018
Q1: First league race was on F1 2018 so this is will be my second season in ILR.
Q2: Finished 9th in ILR4, battling in the midfield.
Q3: To do better than last season, a couple of podiums perhaps. Hoping for some good, close and competitive racing.