PS4 Season 6 - Round 4 - Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Incidents Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILR Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
Oct 8, 2018
www.ilrleague.com
All incidents must be reported no later then 2pm UK Time next day. We have a tight turn around and a small team so would appreciate co-operation in reporting any issues ASAP.

To report you must do the following for it to be officially recognised by the steward team, failing to do so will mean it will not be looked at as the steward team need to be given correct information at the time of the investigation;

Tier-

Race/Round –

Driver(s) involved – Gamertags & twitter @

Description of the incident (include what lap of the race and what went wrong from your POV) –

Link of in game POV (link has to be available on Youtube or Twitter and must not be taken down until the investigation is over) Mobile devices used for filming or using race broadcast as proof won’t be accepted. Footage provided must be on incident only and not a full race POV, this time consuming for stewards.

Above is the template all drivers must you when submitting an incident, if the incident is to remove a penalty or any other miscellaneous then we appreciate that there might not be drivers involved.

For any corner cutting penalties to be removed you must provide your race director displaying all your warnings.
Desync incidents - we will be less forgiving this season regarding this and issue penalties to reoccuring offenders. There has been more than enough warnings about the state of the game.

Failing to provide the information stated will mean your incident will not be looked at.

This thread is for drivers to post incidents ONLY.
Not for discussion or disagreements with drivers or the stewards team. Any such negative remarks will be removed and drivers will be warned.

Aug 14, 2018
Tier - ilr7

Driver involved - ryanberry1996

Qualified on pole and was looking after my tyres on the way back to the pits to keep the wear low and got a 5 place penalty

Aug 14, 2018
Tier - ilr7
Driver involved - ryanberry1996

After wrongly having my pole taken away I started p6 and got rammed at the first corner

Jul 18, 2019
ILR6 round 4

Drivers involved PSN: myself BigW3810 and JohnnyR95
Twitter:Myself Williamparlett1 and I am not sure of his

On lap 1 everything is normal everybody being careful into the corners I brake around where the car ahead brakes than all of a sudden I get punted in the back and into the wall giving me full red front wing ruining my race as I started on mediums and there was a safety car not long after which would have played into my hands as nearly everybody was on softs it’s just annoying that it happens 2 weeks in a row resulting in no points

Aug 14, 2018
Tier - ilr7
Driver involved - ryanberry1996, apex_whiteout

Left plenty of space for apex to overtake but still got put in the wall.

Aug 14, 2018
Yea
ILR6 round 4

Drivers involved PSN: myself BigW3810 and JohnnyR95
Twitter:Myself Williamparlett1 and I am not sure of his

On lap 1 everything is normal everybody being careful into the corners I brake around where the car ahead brakes than all of a sudden I get punted in the back and into the wall giving me full red front wing ruining my race as I started on mediums and there was a safety car not long after which would have played into my hands as nearly everybody was on softs it’s just annoying that it happens 2 weeks in a row resulting in no points

Yeah sorry about that, thought I had enough gap to push the braking a little more than you guys infront, misjudged it but tried my best to avoid it, will upload my footage of it later on as I'm not at home right now.

Oct 29, 2018
Tier- ilr5
Drivers involved: jcarty23,coloman2356,TMC_Corboy97 (me)

Start of lap 9 I overtake jcarty23 then going into T2 he taps my rear and that makes me lose some momentum going into the corner. I’m not sure who destroys me in the wall on that straight.

Jul 15, 2019
Tier- ILR6

Race/Round – Round 4 Baku

Driver(s) involved – Cupavi_Muffin (@max_herendic ), Eesti_Mats (@Eesti_Mats)

Description of the incident (include what lap of the race and what went wrong from your POV) – Clearly ahead going into T1,taking the racing line perfectly and get bumped into the wall from behind causing wing damage.

Last edited:

wais77

GP3 Driver
Aug 13, 2018
Instagram.com/waiskuba77
RW313 and me

Everyone's heard of it but thought I'd make note of it, been teleporting everywhere and there was nothing I could do about it

Nwbb999

Sim-Racer
Jul 11, 2019
Tier- ILR5

Race/Round – Baku RD4

Nwbb999&Ronline26/@Ronline5

Description of the incident (include what lap of the race and what went wrong from your POV) – Lap14, coming into turn 3 alongside Ronline, and he leaves no room and squeezes me against the wall, giving me damage and he wouldn’t barely make the corner anyways because he hit the wall himself.

Nwbb999

Sim-Racer
Jul 11, 2019
Tier- ILR5

Race/Round – Baku RD4

Nwbb999&HuwbertoMancini/@joneshuw7_huw

Description of the incident (include what lap of the race and what went wrong from your POV) – Lap23, coming round the final 2 corners, had no front wing so had too slow too allow the car too actually make it through the corners and Huw comes from behind at full speed, tries overtaking around the outside through the right handed and smacks my car into the wall retiring me.

Aug 13, 2018
Tier - 5
Round - 4
Driver involved - TMC_Corboy97 And Jcarty23
What happened - corboy just overtook me on the straight and gong into T2 his car lagged back then forward and ghosted but I still somehow made contact with him. So I slowed down to let him back pass and his car veered right across my car luckily the ghosting system worked and I didn’t get taken out.

Dec 22, 2018
Tier- ILR5

Race/Round – Azerbaijan/4

Driver(s) involved – Gamertags & twitter @: CPL_Milosz (@CPL_Milosz), obassie (@obassie)

Description of the incident (include what lap of the race and what went wrong from your POV) – Laps 22, 23 and 26. On lap 22 I disconnected then after maybe 1 minute I was back in lobby rejoined just behind obassie on lap 23. Very weird things happened which I will show you.
- 1:01:40 I disconnected and weird things happened to my car...
- My view.
And then at the end of my film I overtake obassie which I can see, obassie can see and we all can see on the stream at
1:09:44.

Jul 29, 2019
Tier- ILR5
Baku
Drivers involved- ColoMan and corboy
On lap 9 the mercedes and another car were going slow after turn 2 I come around the corner to see two cars going slow so I go to overtake both. Corboy starts to lag over the track and when he finally stops he jumps Infront of my car and i couldn't reacting in time

Mar 21, 2019
Tier- ILR5

Race/Round – Baku RD4

Nwbb999&Ronline26/@Ronline5

Description of the incident (include what lap of the race and what went wrong from your POV) – Lap14, coming into turn 3 alongside Ronline, and he leaves no room and squeezes me against the wall, giving me damage and he wouldn’t barely make the corner anyways because he hit the wall himself.

Lets help the stewards out again
Nwbb999 here are the rules of racing according to overtaking and defending

in this case the car on the outside is trying to overtaking the car on the inside he is next to the red car on the inside at both the apex and the exit. Because of that the red car has to leave the blue car at least a car width. Or how the rules of racing document says: "If the driver on the inside is behind at corner exit, they must leave space for the driver on the outside." in our incident however you were not even close to being next to me at the corner exit and i continued the racing line because i had the right to it since i was on the inside ahead at the corner apex and ahead at the exit. What you can see from the footage as well is that i didnt hit the wall but my right rear got lifted because it hit your front left hit me. Basically if you want to overtake a car around the outside you need to be next to it on the corner exit. But since that was not the case here is what should have happened according to the rules of racing

"If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision. "
"In this case, the driver on the inside is free to drift out towards the outside on exit. While they are expected to approximately follow the racing line — but not exactly, since they enter the corner on a tighter trajectory to a normal racing line — they have some freedom in selecting how aggressively they close out the other driver. Just how aggressive they can be falls into perhaps the most controversial gray area in modern racing. "

So this is basically a fair move from the Toro Rosso called ronline since he has the inside stays ahead and is allowed to take the racing line if it isnt too aggressive but as you can see you are pretty much a front wheel to rear wheel at the exit so it wouldve been easy to lift off half a second and avoid making contact. So what I would expect the stewards to say is Nwbb999 placing his car in the wrong spot and not lifting off where he was behind at the exit therefore no further action. Im just trying to show these people the rules of racing because some people actually dont know them. If you guys ever need a new steward you know my twitter @ from this post! ;)

obassie

Sim-Racer
Jul 29, 2019
Tier- ILR5

Race/Round – Azerbaijan/4

Driver(s) involved – Gamertags & twitter @: CPL_Milosz (@CPL_Milosz), obassie (@obassie)

Description of the incident (include what lap of the race and what went wrong from your POV) – Laps 22, 23 and 26. On lap 22 I disconnected then after maybe 1 minute I was back in lobby rejoined just behind obassie on lap 23. Very weird things happened which I will show you.
- 1:01:40 I disconnected and weird things happened to my car...
- My view.
And then at the end of my film I overtake obassie which I can see, obassie can see and we all can see on the stream at
1:09:44.
This is my view of the finish of the race, milosz is gaining and it should have been a clean overtake on the line.

A few meters before the end when we were driving side by side, milosz turned in on me. we banged wheels and he gained more time.

I don’t know what went wrong with timing at the end, there should have been 0.100s between us at max.

Jan 2, 2019
Tier - ilr7
Driver involved - ryanberry1996, apex_whiteout

Left plenty of space for apex to overtake but still got put in the wall.
this is my pov, not sure i did anything wrong here, i mean i moved left at about the time the contact happed, ryan looked back at the same time so he couldnt see me and he had more then enough room on his right. from the outside view it looks like he drifts in to me :/

ILR Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
Oct 8, 2018
www.ilrleague.com
Lets help the stewards out again
Nwbb999 here are the rules of racing according to overtaking and defending

in this case the car on the outside is trying to overtaking the car on the inside he is next to the red car on the inside at both the apex and the exit. Because of that the red car has to leave the blue car at least a car width. Or how the rules of racing document says: "If the driver on the inside is behind at corner exit, they must leave space for the driver on the outside." in our incident however you were not even close to being next to me at the corner exit and i continued the racing line because i had the right to it since i was on the inside ahead at the corner apex and ahead at the exit. What you can see from the footage as well is that i didnt hit the wall but my right rear got lifted because it hit your front left hit me. Basically if you want to overtake a car around the outside you need to be next to it on the corner exit. But since that was not the case here is what should have happened according to the rules of racing

"If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision. "
"In this case, the driver on the inside is free to drift out towards the outside on exit. While they are expected to approximately follow the racing line — but not exactly, since they enter the corner on a tighter trajectory to a normal racing line — they have some freedom in selecting how aggressively they close out the other driver. Just how aggressive they can be falls into perhaps the most controversial gray area in modern racing. "

So this is basically a fair move from the Toro Rosso called ronline since he has the inside stays ahead and is allowed to take the racing line if it isnt too aggressive but as you can see you are pretty much a front wheel to rear wheel at the exit so it wouldve been easy to lift off half a second and avoid making contact. So what I would expect the stewards to say is Nwbb999 placing his car in the wrong spot and not lifting off where he was behind at the exit therefore no further action. Im just trying to show these people the rules of racing because some people actually dont know them. If you guys ever need a new steward you know my twitter @ from this post! ;)
With all due respect you do not need to go into this level of detail. Anyone can source diagrams from the internet and plead their case as most incidents are subjective. The diagrams you use are not representative of T3 as well. In the future if you want to defend your incident post your POV and a description, thats all thats required.

ILR Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
Oct 8, 2018
www.ilrleague.com
PS4 Incidents (Thursday) - Baku

ILR8

(Nothing Reported)

ILR7

RyanBerry1996 (Penalty Removal) - Probably isn’t penalty worthy as no blocking takes place but dont think there is much we can do about a grid drop penalty that is served (No Action)

RyanBerry1996 (Lap 1 incident) - RyanBerry goes for the corner as usual and appears to get hit from behind. After reviewing the race start on broadcast, it is clear that AlexP89tm runs into the back of him and causing the crash. 5 second time pen added to AlexP89tm final time.

RyanBerry1996/Apex_Whiteout - Looks to be unnecessary contact from Apex_Whiteout as he had plenty of space to pass RyanBerry1996 on the outside. Apex_whiteout doesn’t seem to know car proximity and has poor visual awareness. (Warning to Apex_Whiteout) – Any more avoidable contact will be penalised as this is a second warning.

Wais/RW313 – Being investigated internally by the admins. RW313 internet under review and will action appropriately. Quite simply he is a danger on the grid teleporting around the track on this occasion.

ILR6

BigW3810/JohnnyR95 - JohnnyR95 hits BigW3810 from behind due to misjudging his braking into turn 3 causing the driver to lose his front wing completely. (10 second time penalty to JohnnyR95). Noted we do appreciate your apologies towards the driver involved and that you accepted full blame.

Eesti_Mats/Cupavi_Muffin - Cupavi_Muffin out braked himself into turn 1 and hits Eesti_Mats into the barrier got bringing him wing damage. (5 second penalty to Cupavi_Muffin for causing a collision)

ILR5

TMC_Corboy/Jcarty23/coloman2356 - First part of this incident JCarty makes slight contact with TMC_Corboy into turn 2 pushing him into the wall. This is a lag related incident. Jcarty can not be 100% sure where the car of TMC_Corboy will be placed based on the lag. No further action.

Second Part of TMC_Corboy's incident appears to be lag from him or a glitch of some description as seen in JCarty's footage. He does seem to career towards the wall after slight contact from coloman but TMC_Corboy's lag is to blame here. Will be investigating TMC_Corboys connection.

Nwbb999/Ronline26 - Ronline26 doesn’t leave enough space on the exit of T3. Cars are side by side entering the corner and Nwb999 is entitled to the space on the outside – exit of the T3. It causes slight damage to Nwbb999's front wing and Ronline26 needs to be more careful when a car is side by side. We believe Ronline could have done more to leave space but chose not to – evident in his own report he submitted. (Ronline 3 second time penalty).

Nwbb999/HuwbertoMancini - Nwbb999 is clearly struggling with a damaged front wing going through the final few corners and is going slower than normal race speed. However we do not deem it slow enough that he has to get off the racing line. He is entitled to his line and track position. Huwberto goes for the move on Nwbb999 a bit early which is the main cause of the contact. Huwberto shows no patience and causes the driver to DNF. 5 second time penalty to Huwberto for dangerous driving. The contact wasn’t significant but still ruined a driver’s race and Huwberto needs to understand this.

CPI_Milosz/obassie – We have seen this already this season. If a driver disconnects from the lobby their race times are desynced from their actual finishing position. When the driver crosses the line that’s his actual race time and where he finishes, contrary to where he was out on track when he crossed the line. If you add up every lap from Baku, it will equate to your final time and finishing position from the leader. No further action.

ILR4

(Nothing reported)

Po18gg

Sim-Racer
Sep 23, 2018

Louis definitely turned into me I would’ve got p5 and what he did definitely could’ve ended with me with no wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.